|Betasint Bovine Corriente|
|R, Neutral by Beta Laboratorios|
|U40, U80, U100||none|
| Action in dogs:
|Also known as: Beef R, beef neutral|
| Similar to: Insuvet Neutral, Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Iletin R, Hypurin Vet Neutral
|Use and Handling:|
|Shelf Life: 36 months||Type: soluble, clear|
|When Opened: 28 days room temp.|
|In Pen: 28 days room temp.|
| Notes: Protect from light and heat|
Do Not Freeze,
Cartridges in use are not to be refrigerated
May be used intravenously
Betasint Bovine Corriente  is a short-acting soluble bovine insulin made by Beta Laboratorios. Hypurin Bovine Neutral  is a comparable insulin made by CP Pharma;  both have had nothing added to change its speed or length of activity.
While both R/neutral and semilente insulins are considered fast-acting, they differ in a few ways. As above, there's no suspension or buffer  in R/neutral; it's totally dissolved and soluble, meaning it can safely be used intravenously. 
|Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Betasint Bovine Corriente
|Hypurin Vet Neutral (No longer produced.)|
Iletin R (No longer produced.)
Insuvet Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Iletin I R (No longer produced.)|
|Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
Hypurin Pork Regular
Betasint Porcine Corriente, Maxirapid CHO
|Pork Actrapid (No longer produced.)|
Iletin II R (No longer produced.)
Leo Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Actrapid, Huminsulin Normal|
Humulin C, Humulin R
Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular
Humuline R, Humuline Regular
Humulin S, Insuman Rapid
Novolin R, Umuline Rapide
Umuline Regular, Winthrop Rapid
Humulin ReliOn R
|R-DNA||ReliOn/Novolin R (No longer produced.)|
- ↑ Betasint Bovine Corriente. Beta Laboratorios.
- ↑ Google Translation of Betasint Bovine Corriente page.
- ↑ Patient Information-Hypurin Bovine Neutral. NetDoctor UK.
- ↑ Hypurin Bovine Neutral. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Prescribing Bovine Insulin.
- ↑ Discontinuation of Insuvet Insulins. My Online Vet UK.
- ↑ Insuvet Discontinuation. VioVet UK.
- ↑ Pfizer insulin products currently unavailable. Veterinary News (29 October 2010).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 DeRuiter, Jack. Insulin Preparations-Regular Insulin. Auburn University.
- ↑ Maddison, Jill E.,Page, Stephen W.,Church, David B. (2008). Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology. Saunders Ltd..
- ↑ Deckert T. (1980). Intermediate-Acting Insulin Preparations: NPH (Isophane) & Lente. Diabetes Care.
Note--in 1980, there were no r-DNA/GE/GM insulins
- ↑ Resource Guide. American Diabetes Association (2005).