|Betasint Porcine Corriente|
|R, Neutral by Beta Laboratorios|
|U40, U80, U100||none|
| Action in dogs:
|Also known as: Pork R, pork neutral|
| Similar to: Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
Hypurin Pork Regular, Maxirapid CHO, Iletin II R
Leo Neutral, Pork Actrapid
|Use and Handling:|
|Shelf Life: 36 months||Type: soluble, clear|
|When Opened: 6 weeks room temp.|
|In Pen: 6 weeks room temp.|
| Notes: Protect from light and heat|
Do Not Freeze,
Cartridges in use are not to be refrigerated
May be used intravenously
May be used intramuscularly
While both R/neutral and semilente insulins are considered fast-acting, they differ in a few ways. As above, there's no suspension or buffer  in R/neutral; it's totally dissolved and soluble, meaning it can safely be used intravenously.  The very small insulin particles in semilente insulin are suspended by zinc.  Semilente is cloudy, has an acetate buffer and cannot be used intravenously.
|Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Betasint Bovine Corriente
|Hypurin Vet Neutral (No longer produced.)|
Iletin R (No longer produced.)
Insuvet Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Iletin I R (No longer produced.)|
Leo Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Hypurin Porcine Neutral|
Hypurin Pork Regular
Betasint Porcine Corriente, Maxirapid CHO
|Pork Actrapid (No longer produced.)|
Iletin II R (No longer produced.)
|Actrapid, Huminsulin Normal|
Humulin C, Humulin R
Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular
Humuline R, Humuline Regular
Humulin S, Insuman Rapid
Novolin R, Umuline Rapide
Umuline Regular, Winthrop Rapid
Humulin ReliOn R
|R-DNA||ReliOn/Novolin R (No longer produced.)|
- ↑ Montgomery, DAD. Modern Insulin and Insulin Therapy. Royal Victoria Hospital-Belfast.
- ↑ Betasint Porcine Corriente.
- ↑ Google Translation of Betasint Porcine Corriente page.
- ↑ Hypurin Porcine Neutral. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ US-FDA Iletin II R Discontinuation Notice. Eli Lilly (July 2005).
- ↑ Pork Actrapid Patient Information. Net Doctor UK.
- ↑ Patient Information Leaflet-Pork Actrapid. Novo Nordisk.
- ↑ Prescribing Porcine Insulin.
- ↑ Prescribing Novo Animal Insulin.
- ↑ Pork Actrapid Discontinuation Notice. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Hypurin Porcine Neutral Patient Information. Wockhardt UK.
- ↑ Humulin R. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 DeRuiter, Jack. Insulin Preparations-Regular Insulin. Auburn University.
- ↑ Maddison, Jill E.,Page, Stephen W.,Church, David B. (2008). Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology. Saunders Ltd..
- ↑ Deckert, T. (1980). Intermediate-Acting Insulin Preparations: NPH (Isophane) & Lente. Diabetes Care.
Note--in 1980, there were no r-DNA/GE/GM insulins
- ↑ Resource Guide. American Diabetes Association (2005).
- NACDS-Insulin Chart-Page 2
- Insulin therapy for dogs and cats Dowling, Patricia, September 1995, Canadian Veterinary Journal
A discussion of Iletin insulins.