|R, Neutral by Eli Lilly|
| Action in dogs:
| Also known as: Humulin C, Humulin R, Humuline R, Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular|
Humuline Regular, Humulin S, Humulin ReliOn R, Umuline Rapide, Umuline Regular
| Similar to: Insuman Rapid, Winthrop Rapid|
Actrapid, Novolin R, ReliOn/Novolin R
Names of Lilly r-DNA/GE/GM insulins worldwide
|Use and Handling:|
|Shelf Life: 24 months||Type: soluble, clear|
|When Opened: 28 days room temp.|
|In Pen: 28 days room temp.|
| Notes: Protect from light and heat|
Do Not Freeze,
May be used intravenously
Note that some countries have the brand name in U40 strength.
Huminsulin Normal is one of several brands of "Regular" or "neutral" (short-acting) insulin, used for a quick consumption of blood sugar with little delay. It's known in North America as Humulin R. 
It consists of zinc insulin crystals dissolved in clear fluid with no additives to alter its action or speed. 
Other brands with the same action profile include:
While both R/neutral and semilente insulins are considered fast-acting, they differ in a few ways. As above, there's no suspension or buffer.  in R/neutral; it's totally dissolved and soluble, meaning it can safely be used intravenously. 
|All Short acting|
|Hypurin Bovine Neutral|
Betasint Bovine Corriente
|Iletin R (No longer produced.)|
Hypurin Vet Neutral (No longer produced.)
Insuvet Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Iletin I R (No longer produced.)|
|Betasint Porcine Corriente|
Hypurin Porcine Neutral
Hypurin Pork Regular
|Pork Actrapid (No longer produced.)|
Iletin II R (No longer produced.)
Leo Neutral (No longer produced.)
|Actrapid, Huminsulin Normal|
Humulin C, Humulin R
Humulin Regular, Humulina Regular
Humuline R, Humuline Regular
Humulin S, Insuman Rapid
Novolin R, Umuline Rapide
Umuline Regular, Winthrop Rapid
Humulin ReliOn R
|R-DNA||ReliOn/Novolin R (No longer produced.)|
- ↑ Insulins. North American Veterinary Conference Clinicians Brief (2006).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Humulin R patient leaflet. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Humulin R Regular Human Insulin. Revolution Health.
- ↑ Novolin R Regular Human Insulin. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Patient Information Leaflet-Humulin S. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Humulin S Prescribing Information.
- ↑ Lilly EU/UK Product Sheet & Time Activity Profiles. Eli Lilly.
- ↑ Patient Information Leaflet-Actrapid. Novo Nordisk.
- ↑ Scientific Discussion-Actrapid. EMEA.
- ↑ Prescribing Novo Insulins.
- ↑ Patient Information Leaflet-Insuman Rapid. Sanofi-Aventis.
- ↑ Prescribing Insuman Insulins.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 DeRuiter, Jack. Insulin Preparations-Regular Insulin. Auburn University.
- ↑ Maddison, Jill E.,Page, Stephen W.,Church, David B. (2008). Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology. Saunders Ltd..
- ↑ Deckert, T. (1980). Intermediate-Acting Insulin Preparations: NPH (Isophane) & Lente. Diabetes Care.
Note--in 1980, there were no r-DNA/GE/GM insulins
- ↑ Resource Guide. American Diabetes Association (2005).
- NACDS-Insulin Chart-Page 2
- Leeds NHS UK Insulin Guide
- Insulin therapy for dogs and cats Dowling, Patricia, September 1995, Canadian Veterinary Journal
A discussion of regular/normal/neutral insulins.